Join Meg Faure in Developing Self-Regulation in Toddlers, nurturing skills for lifelong success and well-being
Register for this masterclass below:
3rd October: 8pm (SAST)
"*" indicates required fields
Self-regulation is a critical skill that lays the foundation for a child’s social, emotional, and cognitive development. As toddlers are just beginning to explore their feelings and reactions to the world around them, helping them develop effective self-regulation skills can make a significant impact on their future success and well-being.
In this engaging webinar, Meg Faure, will guide you through essential concepts related to self-regulation in toddlers. Drawing from her vast expertise and practical experience, Meg will provide valuable insights into understanding the underlying mechanisms of self-regulation and how to nurture this skill during a child’s formative years.
Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll cover:
- Introduction to Self-Regulation: Gain an understanding of what self-regulation is and its importance in early childhood development.
- The Toddler Mind: Explore the fascinating world of toddler emotions, cognitive abilities, and behaviour, and how these factors relate to self-regulation.
- Recognizing Self-Regulation Challenges: Learn to identify common self-regulation challenges toddlers face and the factors that may contribute to them.
- Supporting Self-Regulation at Home: Discover practical strategies and techniques to help parents foster self-regulation in everyday activities and routines.
- Fostering Self-Regulation in the Classroom: For teachers, explore effective classroom approaches that encourage self-regulation in a group setting.
- Managing Tantrums and Meltdowns: Learn how to respond to tantrums and emotional outbursts in a way that promotes self-regulation and emotional understanding.
- Building Resilience: Explore ways to build resilience in toddlers, helping them cope with challenges and setbacks.
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is designed for teachers, parents and therapists who are passionate about providing the best possible environment for toddlers to thrive emotionally, socially, and cognitively. Whether you are an early childhood educator, a seasoned parent, therapist or a first-time parent, the insights and strategies shared in this webinar will prove invaluable in understanding and supporting the development of self-regulation in toddlers.
Meet the Speaker: Meg Faure
Meg is an OT & the author of the Sense Series, including the best selling Baby Sense and Weaning Sense books. She specialises in Sensory Integration and is passionate about supporting parents to raise confident, well-adjusted little beings.