What you getPlay Sense is a franchise opportunity for teachers. Play Sense trains teachers in the Play Sense curriculum and model, sets up your group and assists with administration of the business. With a Play Sense franchise, you get:
- A zero risk business opportunity – once you are trained, the Play Sense organisation will arrange a group for you to teach, within your geographical area.
- You will earn a salary from the first month of your business running.
- You will be allocated to a venue in a host home (one of the parents) with low overheads.
- There are no monthly expenses in this play school system. You buy the equipment once off and the costs of consumable products, such as school lunches, paint and art equipment are shared by the parents.
- Training in the principles and Play Plan of the Play Sense 2 to 3 programme is provided before you start teaching a group. This involves 30 contact hours.
- The curriculum and all lessons are pre-planned. You receive access to the curriculum monthly.
- Play Sense assists with group administration and invoicing. The invoice is made in your name and school fees are paid into your account.
- Play Sense manages the growth of your group by allocating children to your group until you are running at capacity (6 children).
- Mornings only job – 8am – 12:30 including set up and clean up time, working up to 5 days a week.
- You are part of a learning community, with support. You will also receive free quarterly training on a topic relating to toddlers.
- Your take home salary can range from R7 200 to R17 000 based on the number of children in the group and number of days per week, with a minimum of 3 children, 3 days per week. A full capacity group running 5 days a week could generate an income of up to R17 000 after royalty, depending on the region you are teaching in and what the monthly fee structure is.
Investment and Costs
Invest in your own franchise business with all the support of the Play Sense Organisation.
Your investment is as follows:
|Upfront Franchise Fee||Includes initial training in Play Sense certification||R 12 300|
|Equipment||Play Sense equipment and Marketing Material||R20 000|
|Marketing Fee||Play Sense uses this to market the brand and increase teacher's groups||R 320 per month|
|Royalty||Ongoing training, admin and support||18% of gross monthly fees|
- Previous degree or diploma in teaching, childcare or therapy is a prerequisite.
- Experience working with children is essential.
- Driver’s license.